Friday, January 04, 2008

A Bad Example

by Mary Frances Giles

So I was a terrible Levite today. I overslept so didn't have time for my Levitical study and time with God before work. I got unnecessarily annoyed at my friend/neighbor who asked for a ride to work (forget that he gives me rides all the time). I spent the day munching on mostly non-Kosher food and completely forgetting about my newly adopted practice of writing down all of my sins during the day (I like to fool myself into thinking that because none were written down that means that none occurred). I breezed right past the group of homeless teenagers outside the Harvard Square T station and threw nothing more than an annoyed glance their way. When I got home I cracked open my new 2008 calendar that Santa gave me for Christmas. And what is the message for January? See for yourself:



So, I'm the bad example today. But there's one thing I can say for sure: I'm thankful that I can get on my knees and ask Jesus for forgiveness for my shortcomings and tacky behavior today. The last thing I want to do right now is trudge out into this single-digit weather to track down an animal to sacrifice. Rams and goats are hard to come by in the Back Bay.

No comments: